Family Counseling Services
Position Title: Billing Clerk
Reports to: Business Manager
Job Type: Will consider part-time or full-time, flexible hours
Date prepared: April 25, 2021
Broad Scope and Purpose of the Position:
We are looking for a reliable Billing Clerk to submit claims for payment, including Medicare, Medicaid, a variety of insurance companies, as well as contracted agencies, and individuals. Responsibilities also include processing payments received, preparing invoices, and updating records to reflect all related activities.
As a billing clerk, you must be accurate and reliable in handling accounts and documents, good at math, and be well organized.
- Manage client accounts for accurate and timely billing for
- Collect all information needed to calculate accounts receivable (insurance company )
- Send information for billing through designated computer programs to receive payments from insurance companies.
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill
- Issue invoices and account statements and send them to
- Receive payments through various methods, including online payment processing
- Send reminders for payments and contact clients for payment as
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information
- Answer questions and handle inquiries from customers regarding
- Create activity reports for
- Schedule appointments, check-in clients, and initiate billing
- One year of medical billing experience, including EMR and scheduling software.
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); Working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. QuickBooks, EMR, Scheduling, and Billing)
- Strong math ability
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; further education will be a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Billing Clerk in the Subject Line.
Click Here to download or print a pdf of the job description.