Family Counseling Services
Position Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Date prepared: March 23, 2021
Broad Scope and Purpose of the Position: This position manages the agency’s finances, medical billing, and collections, as well as supervises the clerical staff, performs all Human Resources duties, and has responsibility for some IT related functions. Ensures agency compliance with accounting, human resources, HIPAA, medical billing and insurance, and other regulations and laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains various ledgers for financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll in Quick Books accounting software
- Prepares all financial statistical reports including fiscal and monthly financial
- Prepares payroll data and related tax forms including 1099’s, W-2’s, W-3 reconciliations and 941’s. Also prepares necessary federal and state reports including the
- Prepares all accounts payable checks for appropriate signature.
- Prepares correspondence relative to fiscal management in response to various governmental
- Compiles materials for and is available to the certified public accountants that perform FCS’s annual
- Assists in the preparation of agency budget and assists the Executive Director in the fiscal planning
- Prepares and provides financial information needed for grant applications, grant tracking, and grant
- Responsible for collection of accounts receivable and resolving billing
- Directly supervises four part-time clerical staff, coaches employees to enhance performance, and conducts performance appraisals, salary administration and disciplinary/remedial action plan to ensure optimal employee
- Determines need, secures approval, and orders appropriate levels of supplies, materials, and
- Maintains accurate and up to date employee
- Conducts new employee orientations and coordinates necessary
- Sets up employee access to various software and
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Three years of accounting/business management experience using Quick Books
- Two years of supervisory
- At least one year experience in a not-for-profit environment
- At least one year EMR billing
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Quick Books accounting
- Thorough knowledge of governmental filing requirements related to taxes and not-for- profit
- Proficiency using Excel, Word, and other common business
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good
- Strong written and verbal communication
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Business Manager in the Subject Line.
Click Here to download or print a pdf of the job description.