Date Prepared: January 24, 2022
Position Title: Receptionist/Billing Clerk
Reports To: Billing Specialist
Broad Scope and Purpose of the Position: The Receptionist greets clients and other visitors to Family Counseling Services (FCS), and answers the phone, providing appropriate customer service, along with processing insurance information, collecting payments, verifying thoroughness and accuracy of client records, and providing clerical support to therapists and other staff of FCS. Also work with Billing Specialist to process insurance claims and payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and assists clients and visitors.
- Receives and relays telephone messages to other FCS staff.
- Schedules appointments in TherapyAppointment scheduling software.
- Tracks client appointment times and announces client’s to therapist 5 minutes before designated appointment time.
- Makes reminder calls to clients.
- Reviews client records verifying that all necessary information is entered, including diagnostic and insurance codes, as well as clinician notes for each therapy session.
- General data entry and some data management and reporting.
- Scans documents into client files and FCS records.
- Enters client insurance and payment information into billing system.
- Balances client insurance and payment information between billing system and QuickBooks accounting software.
- Creates documents in Microsoft Word and Excel for use in various FCS procedures.
- General filing and processing of paperwork and client records.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
Ability to use PC and PC-based software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to answer phone, transfer phone calls, and manage more than one call at a time, while efficiently and pleasantly greeting and announcing clients, and other FCS visitors.
Good judgement, proactive, and willing to take initiative related to functions of the job.
Good customer service skills, friendly, and helpful in service to both external and internal customers.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
High School diploma and one year of related work experience.
Send resumes to:
631 N. Longwood, Suite 103
Rockford, IL 61107